Department of Defense

Department Of Defense

Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Little Like Kibble

So, we have a really funny post to make some point in the not-so-distant future, about the crazy happenings that can happen, should you see fit to go to dinner with Kristine, Crystal, and Allie. I should be making it now, but the truth is, I'm still a little shaken from the events of this morning.

Nobody died, it's nothing serious, everybody's okay. There's my disclaimer.

This morning, my sweetie was outside grilling some chicken, and I was in the bedroom doing laundry, when I heard a dog barking. I went outside to investigate, and it turned out to be Villain, the dog who lives in the house that backs onto us. Villain's a beautiful tan Pitbull, only young. He's having a little ruff-ruff because Barbara's gone over to say hi to the neighbors. So I go over to join her, and he's still barking. Understandably. He's protecting his Mommy.

Anyway, the neighbor decides that, seeing as we're not going anywhere, it might be time to introduce us, so she opens the gate, and lets us into her back yard, where Villain is. He had a sniff around us both, a couple of ruffs, a few more sniffs, and then flung himself at my arm, teeth bared.

I will have quite the interesting bruise, and marks there, but I can honestly say it didn't hurt. Nobody even knew it had happened until Barbara and I came back in the house and I burst into tears. I guess it must have been shock. I've had dogs my entire life, and while I've always rough-and-tumbled with them, I've never been bitten in anger. Wait. I don't think Villain bit me in anger, per se, he was just protecting his Mommy, and I didn't want to get him in trouble. I've always preferred the company of animals over that of humans, and I can completely understand why he felt threatened. The size of his teeth, he could have done a lot more damage, if that had been his intention, and I really think it was just a warning. That doesn't mean I didn't spend half the day crying though. Wimp.

Next time, I shall shower with bacon, then maybe he'll let me in.

3 comments:

Ligie said...

Mmmmmmm.... Bacon!

Allie said...

OMG Lisa that's really scary! I'm sorry that dog attacked you...anything named villain isn't very nice!

You'll heal!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Eeeek. Yeah, he would have torn you up if he'd wanted to - that was just a warning. Next time, keep a chop of some type in the pocket of your trousers - you'll do fine.

*hugs*