Department of Defense

Department Of Defense

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

On Coffee, Money, and Coffee Money

So, it's official. Let the mockery commence. I have been hired as an employee of a multi-million dollar beverage corporation. I shall be creating and dispensing fancy hot, cold, and very, very cold beverages to the masses. To again circumvent getting dooced, I will be calling said employment CoffeeLand. On first meet, I am loving my boss there. Very cool. He has a lot of the type A personality traits it takes to be a really good manager in this kind of business, but also a sense of humor like none I've seen in a boss. It'll be good, I think. We need the money, and I'm willing to do what it takes. maybe when Lisa graduates and is allowed full time work we won't be strapped to this extent and I can relax a little bit. For now, this is the way it is. No sense getting worked up. I'll just have a decaf.

5 comments:

calugg said...

Hey, second jobs happen. I'm also freelancing in addition to my full-time job.

In Bush's world, we all need 2 jobs to pay our bills.

Gazelle said...

My plan is, come March, to get a ridiculously high-paying, citizen-sponsoring job, so that my sweetie no longer has to work minimum wage there. Although, she IS saving us a fortune on coffee...

I've been watching some friends in California rejoice over the past month and a half, as gas has slowly, slowly dropped down to just over $4. When they first started talking about it, it was over $5. Good job CoffeeLand is just around the corner.

everglade said...

Everybody's workin' for the weekend!

tatu'd dork said...

too bad i dont do coffee, yeah i'm weird like that
and my second job lasted 5 years! LOL
good luck..

Anonymous said...

Oh, immigration - you are made of fail everywhere.

Immigration - making the lives of hard-working citizens who fall in love with foreigners more difficult since (I'm too lazy to look it up, so add the correct year here).

Good luck at Coffeeland! I have another friend who works for one and it sounds like the company itself is really good, as long as you're working in a good store.