Department of Defense

Department Of Defense

Friday, August 1, 2008

Pillow Talk - 1st Installment

Welcome to the newest feature of She². Here, I'll be posting the highlights of the bizarre communication Lisa and I share as the haze of sleep descends upon us. I have taken to keeping paper and pen at the bedside to capture some of these gems, because if I have to suffer through them, so should you.

Lisa is a brilliant woman. I admit that. However - she is completely inept when it comes to any subject involving the human body and it's inner workings. We've adopted a term for it - Lisabiology. The following is an exchange involving the subject from the other night:

Lisa: You know, I always thought the bone system and the muscles were two independent things, you know, like not connected, because the pictures in the books show one skeleton standing there, and one set of muscles standing there, so I figured the muscles just kinda slipped on over the bones or something. Then it's all held in by the skin coating.

Me: You're kidding, right? They are interconnected and movement involves both, and the connections of tendons, ligaments, and bones and muscles. The skin is a covering, but it is connective tissue as well.

Lisa: Oh yeah, that EndoMuscle System?

Me: (incredulous) No, the Musculoskeletal System.

Lisa: Well, not the ears.

Me: Yes, the ears too!

Lisa: No, I always figured that the ears were just funny pieces of skin that dried up in the sun and got crispy and crinkly.

Me: Oh. My. God. You are insane. Go to sleep.

Lisa: That isn't right?

No comments: