Department of Defense

Department Of Defense

Friday, August 22, 2008

On Why Humanity Is Destined To Fail

The following scene took place outside my house this morning. I was granted the glory of seeing this because they were not using 'inside voices' and the commotion caused me to peer out of my window. Who needs Springer or Judge Judy when you live in central Jersey?

Obese Child #1: (loud whine) We have to find him! (Whips a leash around his head as if it were a lasso)

Obese Child #2: (Dressed In Wife Beater, White Jean Shorts, and Slippers) Why'd you take him off the string?

OC#1: I told you I had to pee! Not my fault. Why didn't you catch 'im?
They stop walking in front of the house and I am riveted by the sheer drama
OC#2: Why didn't you?
Ooooooh! Burn!

OC#1: I had to pee, stupid. (OC#1 pushes OC#2)

OC#2: I can kill you easy.

OC#1: Can't. I can scream. Beside, my mom will yell at your dad.
Easy to see who the bitch of the pair is
OC#2: I don't care. I don't like you. You lost 'im. It's your fault. My dad'll hit you good.

OC#1: It wasn't my fault! Why didn't you get 'im?

OC#2: I couldn't. It's your fault, and my dad'll be mad at your mom. (kicks OC#1's leg)

OC#1: Stop it!

OC#2: Make me!

Scrapping fight ensues as a shady white car pulls up and a guy gets out dressed almost exactly as OC#2, but with high socks and short boots.

Man: Get in the car! Damn dog's got home but I had to come get your asses? What the hell are you doing out here? Playing with yourselves? (spits on the ground)

OC#2: Dad, it's his fault. I tried to find Joey, but I couldn't.

OC#1: He didn't try to find 'im! I did!

Smaller scuffle

Man: Both you boys are gonna get it if you're not in this car now!
Kids scurry in while trying to get smacks in at one another. The door shuts with a rusty screech sound and the man looks around the street, adjusts himself, lights a smoke and gets in and drives away.

I don't think I truly understand the magnitude of what happened outside, but that whole 'Nature vs. Nurture' argument was kind of playing out on my street.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, New Jersey... your residents have such character.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm... my question is where was this child peeing??

everglade said...

I can't believe the dog got home before the kids. LOL

Dog:1

Spawn:0

Crystal Amethyst said...

LMFAO! I'm in the worst mood ever but this post just made me laugh my ass off1