Department of Defense

Department Of Defense

Saturday, August 30, 2008

CoffeeLand Convos

2 cops walk into a Coffee Bar... (names and places are fake to maintain my employment)

Hulking Police Officer #1: Can I get a Large Vanilla Latte?

(I'm off at the machines, making said coffee drink while a co-worker chats with them)

Hulking Police Officer #2: Hey, don't I know you? (I assume he's speaking to my younger cute co-worker who would be the likely choice to hit on - but no, after a longer pause, I realize he's speaking to me)

Me: (squinting at him) I don't know, do you?

Hulking Officer #2: Yeah! I remember you from the advanced latent fingerprint course at the police academy! Wow!

Me: Oh! John Smith! Yeah! I remember. How're you doing with those latents? That was a great class.

Hulking Officer #1: Oh yeah, the only female in the class. You told me about her. (points at me) You were working at {insert random place here}, right?

Me: Yep. Good memory.

Hulking Officer #2: Long time, right? I switched to municipal police because there's a lot more money in it. How's your... uh...

(uncomfortable silence as they both look at me in my apron and wonder if I'm even employed anymore and prepare to swallow their feet)

Me: Here's your Latte.

2 comments:

calugg said...

Oy....been there. After getting my masters in flute performance. 20 years later, I can joke about it, but at the time I was cranky.

Hopefully, this situation will soon pass.

everglade said...

Fuuuck. I would have quit.