Department of Defense

Department Of Defense

Monday, August 4, 2008

More LisaBiology 101

While still laughing heartily at the picture in my head from Lisa's assessment of what biological forces create the human ear, I almost had an aneurysm.

Lisa: (on how ears developed)... and over time, the sun made the skin stuff dry and shrivel up and get crispy crinkly. Like bacon. Bacony Goodness. (she seems convinced and pleased - both options frighten me)

Me: Like bacon? Like a Pig's Ear?

Lisa: Yeah! Like the Pig Ear toy you give to a dog. We used to give them to Becky and Murphy all the time.

Me: Um, That's not LIKE bacon. It kinda IS bacon.

Lisa: No, they are just pasta. Lasagna sheet type pasta.

Me: What the hell are you talking about? It's a pig ear.

Lisa: Not, not a real pig ear.

Me: Yes... pig. ear. (I oink at this point, not sure if she's kidding)

Lisa: (in a high pitched and horrified tone and matching face) That's awful!! (waits about 3 seconds) But it does explain why they loved those things. Are you sure?

I feel like I keep shattering her really sweet illusions, but I can't stop. It's too damned good.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I truly needed that laugh. My mom's dogs love pigs ears, but our dogs aren't so fond of them. Poor Lisa, it must have been horrible find such things are eaten by your favored pets. :o)

everglade said...

Turbo likes sheep ears!

kockrgwc!

Anonymous said...

I used to hold the pig's ears we fed to our dogs up to the light so I could examine the little veins in them.
I am guessing the amount of disgust she felt was akin to how I felt the day I found out what pork rinds are made of... *shudders*

Gazelle said...

VEINS?! What's WRONG with you?!

Yes, I think we're about the same on the disgustometer...a real sense of 'really? You've GOT to be kidding me." *shudder*