Department of Defense

Department Of Defense

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Employee Inequality

On Tuesday, my entire department at CFU received an email from our boss. Basically, it appears that other staff members around the University have been complaining about our use of the Employee Lounge.

Yes, you read that right.

These workers do not deem us worthy of having the same rights as them, and honestly are suffering from downright rudeness, not even verging on it. Yesterday, one of the women who works in the Admin office said to my friend (and co-worker), A: "You do know this is for employees only, right?"

A, bless her, left and spoke to the boss about it, and sometime I wish I had that restraint. If that had been me in that room, there'd have been pistols at dawn. "Yes, thank you, I am one. Just like you. With the same RIGHTS as you. Except, you get benefits. And a decent paycheck."

For some reason, the entire situation has just gotten my goat in a tizzy. I can't bear inequality of any kind, be it gender, sexual orientation, international, or even something as stupid as arguing over a place to eat. Now some of the people are arguing that it's a 'Faculty Lounge', even though it says 'Employee Lounge' in a sign on the door. And admins aren't faculty either, dumbass. But, I'm withholding my aggression, and have finally reached a point where I can blog about this without screaming. I'm not the most rational person, and I simply cannot tolerate anything I deem as disrespect. This falls under that umbrella for me.

So I keep going over there, putting my stuff in the fridge, sitting down drinking coffee, eating a sandwich, almost daring someone to say something. Come on, pussies, challenge me!

2 comments:

Kris <3 said...

nice vent. i enjoyed it. but haven't you gotten the message?! its the early 1800s and us peasant working folk can not "dine" with our "superiors," nor shall we drink the fruits in which they refer to as coffee regardless of whether we PAY FOR IT DAMNIT! hahah i took a stab at olden days talk.. not bad not bad : )

Anonymous said...

It's because your black, isn't it? Bastards.

(Ugh. Since when is an admin so high on the faculty food chain that they get to decide where other people get to EAT? Eff'em. Hard.)