Department of Defense

Department Of Defense

Friday, August 29, 2008

RNC VP T&A?

In the officer's dining room (ODR) today while eating lunch, the TV was on the totally unbiased and wonderfully independent channel of CNN. As I walked in I saw immediately that something HUGE was going on, as all eyes were on the screen - and not much slows this group down when it comes to food.

Senator "Old Man McStroke" was announcing his new running mate/Rep. Vice Presidential hopeful, Gov. Sarah Palin.

O. M. G. *rolls eyes*

This is my take in the 3.5 minutes I tolerated being in that room.
On Screen:

~ Love Child of Sally Field and Amy Winehouse with the 70's suit and the beehive hairdo.
~ Spoke under the crowd's volume, then clapped into the microphone super loud, cheerleader style. I expected Spirit Fingers at any second
~ Used the term "9/11" within one minute
~ Introduced her big-oil-employed husband (while the ticker under him said "Snowmobile Champion")
~ Ticker kept repeating facts about her, including the snowmobiling hubby, the 5 children (one of whom deploys to Iraq on 9/11, the youngest with Down's Syndrome, and the other three that I suppose don't matter), her long term membership in the NRA, and her strong anti-abortion stance (as demonstrated by her clan of spawn); among other things

In The ODR:

~ A few dozen men drooling at the screen saying "You got my vote baby!" "Look at the DD's on her!" "With the wife and now this chesty broad, I don't care if McCain is a tool, he's got my vote!"


I thought they were all joking, and in some aspects, they were - but overall I fear that when it comes down to election day, perhaps Obama should have considered asking Connie Rice instead of some smart foreign policy guy with no tits and the ability to grow hair on his face. I admit that even I am in a tough spot to sort through the details and facts of all parties and candidates to decide, however I am sure that Palin's rack will not influence my vote.

3 comments:

calugg said...

Well, talk about unqualified. I consider to be the love child of Dan Quayle and Dick Cheney.

Now hows that for a visual???

Ligie said...

Well said, C!

I can think of some MUCH better pairings to put in the whitehouse where family reunions would not look like an episode of celebrity reality "where are they now/rehab" television.

Our post-Hil choices are quite grim, IMHO.

Anonymous said...

I should e-mail you an article I read about 'The Little VP That Couldn't'... it's hilarious.

Alas for lacking state-side residency - I can't vote. :(