Department of Defense

Department Of Defense

Friday, October 31, 2008

Merry Bi-Polar Halloweenie

Ok, I LOVE Halloween. Love it. This year, with all the life stress and general crap going on, I honestly don't give a crap. It's Alice's 5th birthday, so I'm psyched for that reason.

I keep oscillating from "Oh! I want to take my nieces out Trick or Treating and freeze and giggle and drink hot chocolate with them!" to "I want to stay home, lock the door, and turn out the lights." So, what gives? A few days ago I was set to have the outside fire pit burning and pass candy out to little ghouls and goblins. Now I am pondering lining the driveway with mouse and bear traps and our pumpkins are on the porch, uncarved. What gives? Why am I so damned indifferent?

Meh.

Well, here's a good photo of Alice in her costume. We were going to have her out there with us to give out candy, but now who knows?


5 comments:

Allie said...

OMG alice looks great!!

As for the Halloween spirit, it comes and goes. I too wanted to give candy to the little ones and now i'm like pft waste of good gas money haha!

I just dont want them to pull me out of the apartment and beat me down haha! plus, i'm too lazy to go down the stairs to constantly give strange children candy.

So, carve your pumpkin! ..or draw all over it wish a sharpie. just be like *mumbles and scribbles at the same time* and leave it outside haha

Anonymous said...

Alice sure tolerates her costume better than my boys do. They sulk and roll around trying to get it off. :-(
Hope your Halloween turned out better!

Kris <3 said...

I LOVE ALICE'S COSTUME : ) she's so freaking adorable <3

tatu'd dork said...

HAHAHA..
i was indifferent this year too, but that was because of all the house remodeling we are doing and i would rather do that then "have fun" - we still dont have heat!! so everything else in on the "back burner" LOL

Devin said...

Alice looks so cute! love your blog-Devin