Department of Defense

Department Of Defense

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Out Of A Foxhole & Into A Cave

Shhhhhh! I'm gonna have to whisper and stay low. Things here are still hot, and there's no rain in sight. Good thing I have Internet access down here, or I'd go crazy(er)! So, an update from behind enemy lines:

I came to the conclusion that I am alone in this fight - abandoned by the "collective group" that I paid dues to for protection and guidance and who instead are the ones creating this catastrophe, and I'm blamed/ostracized by my own department for what has taken place. I feel like at some point during the night, I was branded with a big Scarlet Letter. I'd love to know what it is, but I can't read upside down and in the mirror it's backwards. Whatever they have branded me, I have resolved to do the following -

I'm keeping my head low and continuing to do my work.
I'm not listening to any of the wild flying rumors.
I'm not participating in conversations about this issue.
I'm steering clear of individuals who may see this as an opportunity of weakness on my part.
I'm focusing on other important things, rather than work up my hysteria.

Do you know I actually heard someone say something about how a liberal woman has no place in this business anyway? WOW.

Someone drag me by my hair back to the cave so I can make fire and chisel a wheel.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

*Hands over helmet and flares* Keep your head low and fire off the flares when you need to be rescued from the cave. You have our unwavering support and faith that everything will work out in your favor.

tatu'd dork said...

wow - some people are crazy!
imagine if there were lesbian cave women - LOL - that would be awesome