Department of Defense

Department Of Defense

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thunder Heaven

So, tonight's weather has been exceptional, and would normally put me in a very good mood. There's nothing like weather you can feel with all of your senses. Touch, taste, smell, see, hear and for some people - other senses too. Girlyman has this great song where my favorite lines are:

"The sky smells like water and the air tastes like steel
If you were a storm, this is how you would feel
Still and dark all night
With great flashes of light" ~ "Hey Rose"

So this night would have been amazing if it hadn't been for Thunder. When I was moving the car in the driveway, I noticed something in my neighbor's driveway in a puddle. It was still, grey, flattened and my stomach knew what he was. I couldn't leave him there, as I feared that he would suffer the endless parade of truck tires that enter and exit that driveway every day. I knew he was long gone from his little bunny body - but it still doesn't feel right. So I moved him to a quiet section under some bushes outside of their property and said a few Buddhist words for him. Not a consolation really, but I am hoping he is hopping to another life of lessons.

In his honor - a silly picture of Thunder in Bunny Heaven.

3 comments:

everglade said...

Bunnies are uber sensitive to thunder storms. They get heart attacks and stuff. :(

I'm sorry this happened in your driveway! This is sad.

Anonymous said...

You have a good heart. Hope you are all over your ickyness of last week.

Anonymous said...

Well done. Poor bunny. :(