Department of Defense

Department Of Defense

Thursday, July 17, 2008

The End of Lohan Time

I am forcing myself to return to work tomorrow. As you know (if you read this blog regularly, and I know I am flattering myself here) I have been disgustingly ill. I have been icky ill to the extent that I was able to create discomfort by discussing it with the ever-British Lisa. Nothing makes her squirm more than my verbose and detailed play-by-play of mucus horrors and other bodily functions.

Even though I feel way under par, I have a hard time not being at work. I know it's an odd concept, and usually I'd dig a day off, but this kind of sick makes it preferable to actually be healthy and not working. So, even though I'm not feeling even close to 100%, I'm heading in tomorrow to give it my best. I know I can't contaminate anyone else (even though that could be fun)so I can cough and hack my way through the day guilt free. Why would I take off Monday through Thursday and go in on a Friday? I just can't justify it. If I am finally fever free, it's my duty to get my ass into work. I don't like leaving people hanging, or putting extra responsibility on others. I swear I would have made an awesome Catholic in another life.

The bonus that makes this week worth it? If I can feel well enough, I FINALLY get to see my Aunt Jane and Uncle Jack from Louisville, KY. My dad's sister, and I haven't seen them in what I've calculated to be about 17 years. That makes me feel like a real shithead. I know I didn't even live near here, let alone Kentucky, but these are amazing people, and I really miss them. I'm glad to be seeing them this week. I am hoping to wrangle a southern breakfast from them before they leave. That would rock hard. She liked the book Lisa and I created for my mom this year. If yer interested, it's a family cookbook, and we compiled the loose scraps of paper mom had been using as a recipe book and had it published with photos and everything. Really posh. Take a look. It's available to anyone who wishes to purchase it.

I'm going to bed, after I give Lisa some bodily function related bed time stories.

1 comment:

arestocracy said...

HOLY SMOKES that looks like an AWESOME COOKBOOK!

Oh yeah - glad you're not feverish anymore too ;)