Department of Defense

Department Of Defense

Thursday, July 3, 2008

On Anonymice

Firstly, I would like to thank everyone for their support so far, and introduce myself. I'll be Lisa, your co-host and webmistress. Please, settle in, throw us into your bookmarks, and make yourself at home. There's always coffee on in el casa del She².

I'm afraid I've already had to make a small change to the way we planned to do business. Now, if you'd like to leave a comment, you'll have to sign in. It's OpenID, or if you're a Google/Blogger user, that'll do it.

If you can't be bothered to read about OpenID, or sign up to YET ANOTHER service, here's the gist, in Lisa-Speak:

If you currently use AOL, Yahoo, Flickr, LiveJournal, Blogger, Vox, or Wordpress -- you're in luck. Your OpenID has already been created for you: all you have to do is sign in here with your username for that service.

If you don't have any of the above, I recommend VeriSign. It's free, and will only benefit you in the long run.

Why have I done this? Because I've received a fair few emails overnight about the anonymous comment left here. Yes, Lansdale, I'm talking about you. Basically, these emails called for me to delete it and move on. Here's the deal, guys: we're gay. We have exceptionally thick skin as a necessity. If you want to get your jollies from leaving grammatically-challenged comments and slurs, please do. We're not going to stop you, and honestly, we've heard it all before *yawn*; however, seeing as you know who WE are, I think it's only fair that, in return, you give us YOUR name. Anyone can be an Internet Tough Guy when it's anonymous. Grow a pair.

So ends this announcement. Soon to be followed by pictures of omgzkittehs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What moron decided to troll the humble abode of my wives? I will fuck their shit up, yo.