Department of Defense

Department Of Defense

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

One-Upped Like Whoa

After dinner with some great friends we were chatting at the house. I had just been thinking how great it was to spend quality time with a couple who are so fun, solid, secure and who are also attempting to expand their family. It's just great to see. So the conversation went:

K&S - Our vacuum is a Bissel, we bought one for my Dad when he wanted to replace his Oreck. He loves it and it was so much cheaper.

Me - I'm absolutely in LOVE with our Dyson. It's a huge deal for us and it's hypoallergenic, animal fur, hair and dander eliminating, and specially built to work for people with asthma. It was an expense, but I think it was so worth it. I mean (I continue to gush about this household appliance as though it was made of spun gold and could turn itself into Rosie the Robot of the Jetsons. Just whistle for a few minutes and pretend I have written out my part of the conversation, because I surely babbled about how happy I am with this vacuum for way longer than polite conversation about such things would permit. They were sweet not to say anything or cough loudly to let me know that they might be bored. Ok, I'm coming back into it now...) you couldn't imagine how amazing it works. It was over $600.00, but I think a great investment for us.

Lisa - Yeah, it was an economic stimulus purchase. (she smiles at me and I smile back)

K - We bought sperm.

Pwned.

Well played, Trebek. Well played.

4 comments:

everglade said...

Perhaps inquiring as to whether their Bissell is the wet/dry vac would probably be deemed inappropriate at this juncture.

Sperm seems like such an unnecessary thing to have to purchase when I couldn't even imagine how much is being spilled haphazardly in front of computers all over the world between 5:30 pm - 12 am on any given evening.

Somewhere in this (^^^^) above post is a GREAT business idea. I just ... can't .. figure ... out ... where/how ... YET.

Anonymous said...

I think that answer is both appropriate and trumps just about everything.

"Wow, I just had the BEST steak dinner!"

"We bought sperm."

... Served.

"My pet emu died rescuing three tourists and a mongoose!"

"We bought sperm."

... No contest.

"Did you hear that George Bush spontaneously combusted and his burning remains turned into kittens and $1,000,000 bills before they splashed to the ground?!"

"We bought sperm."

... Damn!

everglade said...

How about ...

"We bought sperm."

"We bought Keith Richard's sperm."

OWNED.

(I'd also work w/ John Lennon, Hemmingway & Christopher Walken. But now Gene Simmons, because I don't really think his seed is at a premium if you believe the stories.)

Ligie said...

*swoons*

I want my child to have Walken DNA!