Department of Defense

Department Of Defense

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Yeah, I Blew It

...and I didn't even get paid.

I didn't give you all 12 Days of Christmas. To be honest? It was a clusterfeck at the end, and finding time to post when I was running around and working on Christmas was too much. I got done work, ran home, had family over, went to other family's house for dinner - driving home I could barely focus on the road, let alone the computer screen.

My apologies to all who give a damn.

Here lies another problem of late... I don't really give a damn. I'm working myself silly, and I've lost a bit of my grip on reality. I live for getting home and sliding into bed for the few hours I get. I feel horrible about that. It's as though I am not the person I was a year, 2 years, even longer ago. I used to be fun. Now, I'm a walking zombie. I need to change that.

So, how am I going about it? I have the shortlist right here!

~L and I are going back on our diets. We lost over 20lbs each last time, and I think we've gained it all back each. SO --- I need to de-porkify.
~I Find myself getting BACK into music a lot, and it's making me a bit happier. I'm making some mixes for friends now, actually.
~I'm pondering working again. Wait, by that I mean painting and such. I have the beginnings of inspiration. All I need to do now is set up an area in the basement that I can make into a small art studio and get to work, before the inspiration fails and I meld into the bed again. I have much of the stuff still, and I'd just need to go through my paints and see what's worth saving, and what's dried up, like my brain!

So, there are some small steps I want to take. The problem is finding the time. Oi! Always a catch!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I give a damn...

tatu'd dork said...

sorry you have become part of the walking dead.. you know our office can always snap you out of it! hope you find yourself again and i would love to hear a mix when you discover some creative time ;o)
hope this new year is one of your best, for you to be you again

Allie said...

can i de-porkify with y'all?? we can be hot chicken breasts together :) i need to lose a good 20 lbs myself.

today's word verification is "papto". when your vajayjay has an ulcer, you need PAPTO!