Department of Defense

Department Of Defense

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Actually Overheard, To My Chagrin

A hallway inside CFU. Two girls and a boy are talking about how they're all failing a particular class. They are more valley-sounding than any valley girl I ever met. And I've met valley girls.

Girl 1: (to the boy) Wait, aren't you, like, from my career development class?
Boy: Huh huh huh. Yeah.
Girl 2: Like, Oh my God! I totally know where I recognize you from now. At first I was like... "No", but then I was like..."Yeah", then I was like..."No", but now I'm like "Yeah!"

I think I have an inkling why you're failing college, sweetie.

1 comment:

Devin said...

:-)-She must not realize that the 80s for the better or for worse are over! The last time I heard anyone talk to that level of 'valley girl syle' was in the 83 I think.
Love your blog, Devin