Department of Defense

Department Of Defense

Monday, November 10, 2008

Visual Basic Variables

Today, while tutoring a student in Visual Basic, I referred to the variables in such a way as to incur an observation from her. I described the newly-declared variables as having that squiggly green line underneath them as a warning, rather than as an error message. The green line simply means that the variable hasn't been used yet, and serves as a reminder to the user that they're there. In essence, the variable is calling out: "Hey, don't forget about me!"

My student remarked that it was obvious I had children, and young ones at that. Imagine her surprise when I remarked that I was indeed the mother of a very troublesome minx of a 5-year-old cat. Hey, sometimes Alice needs things explained to her in simple terms.

1 comment:

Kris <3 said...

LMFAO. and squiggly green line.. did they then magnify that line with a magnifying glass?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!? hahahhahaa