Department of Defense

Department Of Defense

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Swinging From The Rafters

I can no longer see from the 2nd floor of my house down through the basement! That means the evil, huge, loathsome project is nearing an end.

Putting aside my insurmountable frustration over the whole thing, I'll update you on the happy details of the rooms being completely rocked and mudded and ready for paint as of today. I am striking a deal with the same contractor (the one who is doing the sheet rock, did the original shell and framing work, did the rough plumbing, and did all the plans in general and I should have just had do the entire job to keep things simple and calm - but NOOO I'm a megagooberidiot©) to finish the job with hardwood floors through the top level. If it's a go, this can be done very soon, and before Pahee leaves! That means everyone can be in their respective rooms and living comfortably now. that has been my bigger issue all along. I can't stand putting people out.

Hopefully this will all work out. If not, look for my resume at the bottom of the Hudson River.

No comments: