Department of Defense

Department Of Defense

Friday, September 5, 2008

Where Is My Right Said Fred?

Last night, I think I figured out what I'm lacking at my part time job at CoffeeLand(TM) - I was watching my Learning Coach/Training Biotch (Whom shall now be fondly referred to as "Special K") and although she is only 3 years my junior, she's been working for this company for over a decade, and what sets us apart is confidence. Plain and Simple - I'm insecure about my ability to perform as well and as quickly as needed, let alone to match her precision and skill. I have to admit, I wondered what the hell could be so hard about working at CoffeeLand, but I severely underestimated the knowledge, memory, and coordination needed to work here. Not to mention the INSANE and CONSTANT cleaning.

So, those of you old enough might remember that group made up of the 2 bald male models - Right Said Fred? I've been pumping that "I'm Too Sexy" song through my head at work, trying to get a little of that swagger back into my hips I had over a decade ago but seem to have lost with my waistline. Now that I'm getting the waistline back, I'm hoping my confidence and strut might decide to join it. If that happens and I'm able to reach the old, spunky, sassy bartender from years ago (and if I can find her size 4 figure and better hair, I'll grab that too!) - I might be able to make it at this place after all. I really enjoy my closing nights with Special K. She's more than a bag of chips. She's an enchilada. You've got to see her work.

Anyway, I'm going to try to find some more music to load onto my iPod to get that swagger back.
And I'm going to stay away from Right Said Fred stuff. Maybe some old Joan Jett? Suggestions?

3 comments:

Chinita Chapina said...

funny I was just doing a "I'm woman hear me roar" play list at this very moment. For you my friend: I'm Every Woman, Beautiful and Fighter (Cristina), Nobody's Fool, Sympathy for the Devil, Ode to Oren Ishii, Independent Women (charlies angels), Let me blow your mind, Hunter (Bjork), I'm special, I'll be good for you (evita), She's got the look, Born to be alive, Break my stide, Sister are doing it for themselves, Walking on sunshine, I am what I am AND to finish MILKSHAKE! cause your coffeeLand milkshake brings all the dykes in the block!!! hehehe luv ya girl

Allie said...

when in doubt- BRITNEY!

I'm serious! I love her...

Unknown said...

Awwww....I'm touched! You make me sound so much better than I am...


Babs.

LOL