Department of Defense

Department Of Defense

Friday, September 19, 2008

On My 1st Meeting Of The "Big Boss"

I met the district/regional/whatever is higher than my general manager person the other day at CoffeeLand. By "met" I mean I was walking to the front area to restock, and as I reached where she was standing with my boss, things went 80's slow-motion. I heard him say, "Barbara, this is Blahphembugle, my boss." and for some reason, something happened to my usually oh-so-graceful poise and I stuck out my hand to shake hers, not realizing I was still holding a half open container of whole milk. Slo-mo continued as I watched the container hit the floor with a vigor reserved for truly embarrassing times like these, and milk splattered toward her and spread across the tiled floor like a film noir crime scene.

All I could manage to "udder" at the woman was a very questioning "Moo?"

1 comment:

Whit said...

He-He-He-He....oh how funny that would have been to see in person. Was she just horrified and cried over spilled milk, or take it like a champ? He-He...