Department of Defense

Department Of Defense

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Enjoyment

Yesterday, I deviated from my norm of shake-taking (this is an area reserved for a whole post of its own; for now, I shall leave it alone), and decided to do lunch with the work guys. We went to Chick-Fil-A and I grabbed a salad. Fascinating so far, right?

Anyway, the point of this lead-in is the conversation I had with the check-out guy. Is that what they're called? Check-out guys? Order-Taker? Remover-of-Finances?

Guy: Nice accent.

Me: Well thank you. I was born with it, so I can't really take much credit.

Guy: I enjoy it very much.

Enjoy? Seriously? Like, I could have dealt with. Even love. But enjoy...? I had sudden visions of him not being able to contain himself any longer, and that not being ranch dressing on my salad.

In this case, I happen to think the job title 'Creepazoid' fits him quite nicely.

1 comment:

ET said...

Poor creepazoid was trying to be nice. I don't think it rose to the ranch dressing level.