Department of Defense

Department Of Defense

Thursday, April 2, 2009

April Fool...

I'm relatively sure that my beloved has a post up her sleeves about our recent house appraisal, but instead of waiting for her to get a spare 5 seconds, I thought I'd just pop my head in.

This evening we are off to Pennsylvania to see our favorite group, Girlyman. If you haven't heard their music, or even heard of them, please go forth and check them out. You won't regret it. I have a bit of a crush on Ty. Heh.

In lieu of anything I have to say that might be interesting, I shall leave you with a small tale.

Yesterday, a co-worker of Barbara's at the infamous CoffeeLand decided it would make for a good April Fool if she came on to me. S is 21, cute as a button, and generally quite adorable, but I wanted to play. So, the conversation went something like this:

S: So...I have something to say, and it's really awkward for me to say it, and it'll be really awkward for you to hear it...but...I fancy you. (yes, she really used those words!)
Me: Ok. That's not too awkward. I'm flattered.
S: I was wondering if maybe you'd like to go out sometime? But I guess not.
Me: Oh, no! I'd love to.
S: Well, I know that you're with Barbara, so I'm sorry if I've overstepped any lines.
Me: Not at all. I'm not exactly monogamous. She doesn't know, but I like to have my fun on the side, otherwise life's too dull. You're not working Friday night, right? Barbara's working late. We could definitely hook up then.
S: Great. We'll go out for coffee or something.
Me (leering): Coffee's not exactly what I had in mind...

S: < panicked look > Erm... < nervous giggle > Ha! April Fool!
Me: Yeah, you too baby!

And for the first time in my life, I was really struck by a thought: Wow, I have NO desire to cheat on my girlfriend. That might read a little strange, I mean we've been together 4 years, but yeah...I'm still completely smitten, and have no desire to sabotage our life. It's a strange feeling. But I think I kinda like it.

3 comments:

Allie said...

LOL You're always one step ahead of the game ;)

today's code is londr

kinda like london!

Unknown said...

You goof! You're so in love with Barb!! I'm so happy for you and her. That's the way it should be!

Hugs!

Thousif Raza said...

hey i just 'stumbled' upon ur blog, and i must say its gooood, and yeah even if u donno u r inlove with barb....

take care....