Department of Defense

Department Of Defense

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything

I don't want to say too much, because I'm a firm believer that if you gloat, brag, or think too positively, that the universe will hear and come after you. It thinks you are a cookie. A small, nommable cookie.

That said, while I was checking the USCIS website yesterday, I came across their H-1B update. They received only 42,000 visa applications which count towards the 65,000 cap. This means that, at the very least, somebody will be reviewing my application. Mine is one of the 42,000. This means that one of the hurdles I wrote about previously has now been jumped successfully. It's still going to take them about another 6 weeks to give me an answer, but I will be considered. This is a feat unto itself, and a small relief.

But not too much of a relief, because that universe is particularly peckish right now...

No comments: