Department of Defense

Department Of Defense

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Feeling Soppy


"Fidelity": Don't Divorce... from Courage Campaign on Vimeo.

Honestly, I don't know what good any of this is going to do. It's like watching a tennis match:

"Yay we have rights!" *serve*
"Boo, I'm offended" *volley*
"Huzzah, we have rights again!" *lob*
"I'm still offended..." *backhand*
"Don't Divorce Us..." *half-volley*

I'm hoping, hoping, and hoping some more that this new administration does what is needed for LGBT rights. I, for one, am not about to stop fighting any time soon. My sister will be a legal permanent resident of this country before I am because of all these games. I don't begrudge her in the slightest. She deserves to be happy. So do I. I just want what her fiancé wants: to marry my wife.

2 comments:

calugg said...

Uhm...I don't think Obama is going to do too much on LGBT rights. If he's not willing to go to the political matt with the GOP over his stimulas plan (and gets a watered down, ineffective mess--see Paul Krugman's analysis of this), we're HIGHLY expendable political supporters. We need him to stop the hateful stuff, which he'll do, but he won't change the current federal scenario since the political costs are too high.

This leaves LGBT immigrants in a terrible quandry--since their status is determined by the feds, not the states.

I'm sorry to be so pessimistic, but just because Obama isn't hateful, doesn't mean he's a friend.

Unknown said...

We want you to marry as well. Kennedy and I believe that y'all deserve to be together.

One bad thing is that Obama stated during the run for the nomination that he did not believe in Gay Marriage, but possibly in Civil Unions.

Sorry to be so depressing about this.