Department of Defense

Department Of Defense

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Douche A Day...

Well, you know the rest of that rhyme.  I just had to stop and say that I encountered a douche of ginormous proportions today, and I have to say, I am sincerely glad that I did.  Here's why.

I don't know this person, I only know of him through a friend.  He said some things of douche nozzle style, and, hard as it is to believe this - I actually took it kinda poorly.  Admittedly - I'm dealing with a lot on my plate (see: epic court battle plus my work stress, plus the possibility to my wife being deported, therefore leaving us no choice but to relocate in another country due to the unfair and unequal laws of my beloved country).  Still, what was said was a monumentally douche canoe thing to say.  I felt shame, guilt, helplessness and just plain dirty all over again.   But here's the catch -

I hadn't been dealing with it, and allowing this person's stinky ways to make me feel powerless left me feeling, not so fresh.  When I took a step back, took a deep breath (through my mouth, because, well... not so fresh) and realized that I was not in control of myself.  Relief washed over me.  I felt cleansed and renewed.  I really got up in there and changed my perspective, and it mirrored what I've been feeling about someone else lately who is behaving in a very similar fashion.  The emotions were spurting forth, and I was so full of energy, I wanted to play tennis or ride a horse.

So, Thanks a heap to the tremendous douches I encounter in this world.  As I learn to deal with each of you, I learn to deal with myself, and in this way the douche canoes of the universe really can't hurt me anymore.

Oh, and don't forget that the top of this page has a shiny donation button - in case you want to help us with a deeper clean!  ;)

No comments: